Today, in 2020, we are looking at dozens of manufacturers and an ever growing number of plug in cars. From those first days of 2009 and less than 1000 cars on the road, to now, just five years later and over a million cars with plugs on the road. Amazing exponential growth.
2017 was the tipping point where the average electric car improved to 150-200 miles per charge with both battery density and cycle duration increasing, with many manufacturers offering high volume electric cars. There ends the main obstacle of electric cars, range anxiety.
Exponential growth will continue. By 2025, a true revolution takes hold in transportation, the replacement of the gasoline vehicle feet will be underway en-masse.
Below is our view on why the electric vehicle will replace the gasoline powered car, and why it will do so very soon:
Top Ten reasons why the electric car will make the existing gasoline car obsolete.
1. They’re quicker.
2. They’re quieter.
3. They’re more fun to drive.
4. They’re connected to your home, instead of connected to oil.
5. You charge your car at home, not at the gas filling station. (just like your laundry is done at home and not at the Laundromat)
6. They’re up to 5 times more efficient and1/5th the cost to operate over the lifetime of the car. (energy conservation is wealth creation)
7. You can make your own fuel on the roof of your home.
8. They clean our air. Every EV that replaces a gasoline car makes every breath we take, cleaner and healthier.
9. They’re technologically superior, yet far simpler machines.
10. They will usher in a new transportation future including multiple mobility choices for our cities.
Bet on it!